Singapore Company Registration
The key requirements to register a private limited company in Singapore are as follows:
● Any individual (above 18 years old). The person should not have been involved in any fraud or criminal activity and is not an undischarged bankrupt.
● Company name must usually end in Private Limited Company (‘PTE. LTD.)’
● Initial paid-up share capital of at least S$1
● Shareholders – Minimum of one, maximum of 50 shareholders for a private limited company.
● Directors – At least one director must reside in Singapore.
● Company Secretary – Also must be a Singapore resident.
● Registered address – A physical office address is required.
● To register a company-Maximum of two business items.
Documentary Requirements for Singapore Private Ltd Company Registration
● CV、copies of ID and passport of all shareholders and directors.
● Annual regulatory compliance requirements of holding an AGM
● Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
What you need to know more about the Singapore’s companies.
Companies should against the lists before engaging in any business or commercial activity with them (Korea, Congo, Eritrea, Iran, Libya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Yemen) and ensure that they do not deal with designated individuals and entities as defined in the respective regulations of the relevant state authority.
The Singapore Companies’ Act governing all companies incorporated in Singapore has introduced a new “small company” criterion for exemption from statutory audit. A company qualifies for audit exemption as a “small company” if it has at least 2 of the following:
● Total annual revenue of not more than $10 million
● Total gross assets as at the end of the financial reporting period of not more than $10 million.
● Total number of employees as at the end of the financial year of not more than 50.
Annual General meeting:
Once a company is incorporated, it should hold its first Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) within 18 months from the date of its incorporation.